Solar Control®’s Ceramic window film is a type of tinting film that can be applied to any kind of window. Unlike other films, it is not made of metal, nor is the film dyed to be a darker shade. This means that this film is both non-metal and does not conduct. Instead, the film is imbued with small, ceramic-based nano-particles. Since these particles are so small, they are actually not visible to the naked eye. As a result, you have a window film that is completely clear, allowing a greater level of visibility both during the day and the night. It is tougher and more durable.
What Are The Benefits?
While the benefits are similar to the benefits of conventional film, there are added benefits that come with the installation of ceramic window film.
- Durability: Because other types of film tend to have their color fade over time, they look less appealing with long-term wear. This is eliminated with ceramic window film.
- Infrared Light Blocking: Infrared light is a type of wavelength that’s part of the everyday spectrum of waves that we are bombarded with on a daily basis. This type of electromagnetic radiations is not visible to the naked eye, but is perceived by human as is the ray that causes the feeling of heat. Ceramic window film blocks up to 90% of the infrared rays that penetrate windows. This causes a reduction in solar heat, leaving the interior feeling cooler.
- Ultra Violet Blocking: Ceramic window film blocks approximately 99% of the UV rays that penetrate windows. UV rays are light rays that are harmful to the skin and can contribute to wrinkling, sun damage and the development of skin cancer. This is one the most important health benefits of ceramic film.
- Metal- Free: Many metal-based films interfere with the functioning of electronic devices such as GPS systems, cellphones and radios by blocking or disrupting the radio and electronic waves that help these devices to function. Because ceramic film is completely metal-free, is allows for the maximal efficacy of the functioning of electronic devices.
- Glare Resistance: Because of the technology by which ceramic film is made, there is a massive reduction in the amount of reflection and glare caused by this film. The science behind it is the ability of the ceramic particles to absorb light rays, preventing penetration and reducing glare.
- Shatter-Proof: This type of film is shatter-proof, meaning that in the event of an accident or damage to the window, the glass shards will break but remain fixed in place, making this a safer option to the available alternatives.
When To Use It?
Ceramic films can be used on any kind of window, for example, car windows, residential windows or commercial business windows. Ceramic window films should be used when you are seeking a durable, reliable and effective window film that will provide extra heat and UV ray protection. Contact us, for a quote on how we can install the finest window film on your windows.
It turns out that Ceramic window tint claims to be better in almost every way. Now I will explain how this actually turned out with my results below, but on paper this stuff is awesome! It is more durable than the plastic and metallic stuff. It has one of the highest heat rejection ratings I have ever seen. 3M’s ceramic window tint runs at 80% heat rejection. I live in Phoenix, AZ so that is drool-worthy in itself. It is also like getting a screen protector on your windows. The ceramic hold everything together better. So that means anything, or anyone, trying to smash your window is going to have a hard time. Extra security and protection from those rocks flinging at you on the road, or that stray golf ball in the parking lot.
Like you are Always in the Shade
If it is tint on your vehicle or your home windows ceramic tint does one thing better than anything out there and that is heat rejection. With a heat rejection rating of 80% ceramic window tint performs 15% better than the best option before it. The benefits for your vehicle include keeping the temperature of your car down significantly when exposed to a lot of sun. This means when you are in the store, it is like you are always parked in the shade! For your home or business, as I’m sure you can guess, the energy benefits are immense. Your windows will have a huge efficiency boost and your bills will shrink as well as the demand put on your A/C unit.
Security you can count on
Ceramic tint brings a new benefit to the table in the world of tinting. Because of its extreme durability, ceramic window tint acts as an armor for your car, home, or business windows. This hard shell of protection is not easily broken at will deter or at least significantly slow down any would be criminals. This extra layer of protection could make the difference if you are ever the intended victim of a robbery or carjacking.
Ceramic film can be more expensive than other types, however, people that have used it in the past say that the benefits make it well worth the cost.
The biggest difference between ceramic window tint and other forms is how it is made. All window films are essentially made of two polyester sheets that are merged together. They vary in what lies between the two layers. The different products that are used in conjunction with the polyester can be metals, dyes, a hybrid of the two and ceramic. Each one has its own reflective and protective properties.
We are familiar with this advanced technology. Ceramic film is a very durable product that stands above its peers in terms of longevity. It also has the highest heat rejection levels compared to other materials. It has double the heat rejection of hybrid and dyed products. Since it uses no metal of any kind, there is no interference with technology found in modern vehicles. If ceramic tint is used on older vehicles, it won’t interfere with aftermarket navigation systems or newly released phones, tablets and laptops.
Another benefit to the no-metal film is that the product has no reflective properties. It gives the film more visibility than other products and only makes the glass appear a few shades darker than what the manufacturer sells the vehicle with. Most people won’t notice that you have an aftermarket window film. It is also of a higher quality and strength than other materials, and has the ability to hold shattered glass together better than its competition. This makes all the difference in the world when it comes to your safety!
Many of the high-end metallic films cannot compete with ceramic window tint when it comes to areas such as longevity and durability. It’s much more resilient when it comes to fading, bubbling, cracking and the discoloring after years of use.